21 Aug Surrogacy Requirements: Am I Eligible?
With the heartbreak of infertility, parent hopefuls often turn to the opportunity that surrogacy and IVF provide. So, as a surrogate mother, you have the chance to change the lives of these intended parents forever. However, the decision to pursue surrogacy is one that should not be taken lightly. It must be done as an altruistic act- one that is founded in compassion for the couple in need. In addition to your motives, it is also necessary that your physical and psychological state is in check as well- for the health of yourself and the child you carry. If you’re considering becoming a surrogate mother, make sure to review these requirements before pursuing the process.
- Must hold residence in California, Nevada, Oregon or Texas
- Must be in good reproductive and physical health
- Must prove no indication of significant health issues or concerns
- With in the age range or 21-38 years old
- Must be a non-smoker and have no history of drug use
- Has carried and delivered at least one healthy child
- Has had no complications with a previous pregnancy
- Height and weight must meet the required Body Mass Index (BMI) criteria- 30 or less
- Must be financially independent with proven stability- must not be receiving any government assistance
- Emotionally aware and secure
- Has a dependable support system
- Must have a source of reliable transportation
- If applicable, your partner must also comply with all requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen or hold permanent residency status
These basic criteria are mandatory. However, there are additional requirements and expectations for the successful surrogacy candidate. She must follow all strict health guidelines and attend the necessary appointments. And, to ensure the ideal relationship between herself and the intended parents, we expect that our surrogate mothers are compassionate and caring individuals. Her primary motivation for surrogacy should arise from a desire to help the parents in need.
While the decision to become a surrogate may be challenging, we at Future Generation ensure to provide exceptional care for our surrogate mothers. As you maintain good health and continue to meet expectations, we are here for your support. From medical and legal assistance to gifts of gratitude, we are dedicated to you feeling valued and deeply cared for. If you are considering the wonderful opportunity of surrogacy, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at Future Generation. Together, we can help build families and fulfill the dreams of intended parents!