09 Dec Gifts For Intended Parents and Surrogate Mothers
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for gift giving. And so, you might consider adding your intended parents or surrogate mother to your list. Though it is not expected or necessary, it is the perfect opportunity to share a bit of merriment, good cheer, and of course, gratitude for this life-giving relationship. But, as with any gift-buying task this season, knowing what to get can be a challenge. In this article, we’ve comprised a few ideas, both for surrogates and intended parents.
Gifts for intended parents from surrogates:
As a surrogate, you may want to honor your special relationship with your intended parents with a thoughtful gift. This need not be expensive or elaborate. It should merely serve as an expression of your friendship and the memories you’ve made together. Here are a few ideas of what this could be:
- A pregnancy journal– Keep a book of progress and ultrasound photos, notes about the pregnancy, and other mementos from your journey. This will help the intended parents feel more connected to your experience and the development of their child. They will cherish it forever and even be able to share it with their child in the future.
- A gift for the baby– This would be an excellent way to show your investment in the child and commitment to its care. And once it’s born, a meaningful gift can help send off the baby with your love. Consider a special toy, personalized blanket, or a cute clothing item.
- A commemorative item for the baby’s first Christmas– The first Christmas is always the most special for a child. So for a Christmas-spirited gift, you could choose an ornament, outfit, or a thoughtful gift for the child to open on Christmas.
Gift ideas for surrogates from intended parents:
Your surrogate is about to give you the greatest gift of all. And so a gift can serve a small expression of your gratitude. Here are some ideas for things they might appreciate:
- spa day– Your surrogate is likely in some physical discomfort during pregnancy. So, the opportunity to relax and unwind will be much appreciated! This can come in the form of a professional massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, etc. And for a less expensive option, you can even give an at-home spa basket complete with bubble baths, essential oils, candles, face masks, and nail polish.
- Maternity clothes– Pregnancy can also lend feelings of insecurity in how one looks. So, to help your surrogate mother feel confident and beautiful, gift her with clothes that are flattering and cute for this season. They will be much appreciated and well-loved as she carries your child.
- A personal note– A hand-written note conveying your appreciation and gratitude for her will go a long way. This is a small yet meaningful gift that will be cherished and kept for years to come.
Gifts send a special message of appreciation. So, in this season of gift-giving, be sure to include those with whom you’ve partnered to bring a new life into the world. You’ll celebrate such a sweet relationship and demonstrate your intentionality and thankfulness!
If you are considering becoming a surrogate mother or you are an intended parent, do not hesitate to reach out to us at Future Generation. We serve the Inland Empire, Orange County and San Diego areas and are here to assist with all of your questions, concerns, and needs for support. So, as you consider embarking on this beautiful, life-giving journey, make sure to call on us today!