12 Sep 5 Signs You’d Be a Great Surrogate
Your life and those of the intended parents you help will be changed forever upon your decision to become a surrogate. However, saying “yes” to carrying the child of another family is no light-hearted decision. While it will bring incredible joy, surrogacy will also be met with several hardships. So, it is important to weigh the benefits and setbacks and to consider if this is for you carefully. There are a few fundamental requirements that we expect of our surrogates. If these pertain to you, it may be indicative that you would be a great fit for the surrogacy process!
Indicators you’d make an excellent surrogate mother:
- You have a healthy medical history and lifestyle. We require that our surrogate mothers are generally healthy. This involves a history clear of smoking, alcohol abuse, and mental illness as well as her maintenance of a healthy lifestyle. These prerequisites will not just ensure the success of your pregnancy and the wellbeing of the child that you carry. It also suggests that you prioritize your health and responsibly manage your wellbeing.
- You’re a good communicator. Surrogacy demands excellent communication skills. You will be required to converse with the intended parents and the agency throughout the process to provide them updates and answer questions. Your ability to do this well will enhance the health and quality of your relationships with everyone involved. This also pertains to various doctor’s appointments and checkups. This is why you must naturally have a knack for communication.
- You are inherently responsible. We at Future Generation are here for your support in the case that you choose to become a surrogate mother. And it is our goal to provide you with every resource you might need during your pregnancy. However, you must demonstrate care for your health and your partnership with the surrogacy team and the intended parents. Pursuing surrogacy is a daily commitment and responsibility to the family that you aim to help.
- You are generous. We ask that our surrogate mothers are primarily motivated by their eagerness to help another family have a child. You must hope to give an individual or couple the gift of parenthood with your generous sacrifice.
- You friends and family support your decision. The surrogacy journey may be stressful and challenging. It will pose several physical and emotional hardships for which you will need support. And though we at Future Generation are here to assist you, you must receive endless encouragement from those closest to you.
As you consider the surrogacy journey, take note of these signs that might predict your success. Agreeing to partake in this charitable challenge is by no means easy. However, we at Future Generation will strive to meet your needs and address each concern you have throughout the process. If you believe that you would be a good fit as a surrogate mother, please do not hesitate to contact us at Future Generation. We are here to answer questions and assist your decision for surrogacy!