05 Jan 5 Reasons Why You Should Use a Surrogacy Agency
Independent surrogacy is a surrogacy agreement without the assistance of an agency. And while this seems like a simpler option, one that excludes the “middleman” service, it often comes with more complications, challenges, and risks. As you choose to embark on the surrogacy journey, we encourage that you accept the assistance of an agency. This process often lends an emotional and logistical challenge, prompting the necessity of an agency. In this article, we’ll discuss the particular reasons you ought to use a surrogacy agency.
Reasons to use a surrogacy agency:
- High-quality surrogates. Surrogacy agencies are well-equipped to pair you with a surrogate mother who will carry your child with complete care and responsibility to help ensure successful delivery. They can ensure that your surrogate is of high quality with a series of screenings. And it is only after she meets these specific qualifications that she is accepted for surrogacy. These are the standards required by an agency:
- Age between 21-39
- BMI of 18-34
- Not currently on government financial support
- Must have given birth and is raising at least one child
- Must provide her OBGYN records and a clearance letter
- Her prenatal and delivery records must show uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries
- Must be a non-smoker and live in a non-smoking home
- No criminal history
- No history of clinical mental illness
- Must undergo a psychological testing
- Must have a home check
- She must prove stability and responsibility
- Financially sound
- Legal Assistance. The surrogacy process can pose several legal complications. Without an official contract, legal assistance, and experts on your side, these complications can become overwhelming. So, make sure to avoid getting your child stuck in legal limbo with the help of an agency! Surrogacy agencies will come with lawyers to assist your contracts and to obtain you the correct legal documents you’ll need. Don’t take on this challenge alone at the risk of fighting for the legal rights of your child. Instead, opt for the guidance and counsel of an experienced agency.
- Surrogacy/Intended Parent match. Agencies are prepared to carefully and thoughtfully match these parties for their most positive surrogacy experience. The relationship between the intended parents and their surrogate mother is exceptionally important. And so, agencies will strive to ensure that it is functional and enjoyable!
- Counseling and Support. Pregnancy, the anticipation of a new child, and surrogacy all inherently pose an emotional challenge. That’s why professional support and counsel for both the intended parents and surrogate mothers is so valuable. Make sure that this is a part of your surrogacy experience with the benefits of an agency.
- Stress-free facilitation. The surrogacy experience comes with several items to consider, appointments to make, and emotions to juggle. So, as you prepare to welcome a new child into your life and begin your family, leave the logistics to an agency. An agency will find and coordinate your appointments with healthcare and legal professionals. And in the case of a mishap or an unexpected difficulty, an agency will have your back and know what to do.